A Dutch oven is a heavy, cylindrical, thin-walled cooking pot. It is one of the best kitchenware you can own, with a versatile usage letting you make soups, stews, cakes, and biscuit, etc. It can be used on the stovetop or on coal. The Dutch oven is an excellent conductor of heat, and its metal can withstand high temperature without deterioration, though some enamel types cannot resist extremely high temperature. There are a lot of accessories which let you maximise the potential of your Dutch oven’s cooking effectiveness or its usage convenience. Let us check out some of the most popular accessories for a Dutch oven below.
A lot of people are faced with the challenges of missing their kitchen amenities during camping. Coleman Pack-Away Deluxe Kitchen makes your cooking job done without stress by bringing your kitchen sink to the campsite. It is one of the best accessories to use with food preparation in a Dutch oven, making the cleaning of your pesky dishes easy. The table is featured with everything you need to establish your kitchen on the campsite such as lantern holder, lower wire stand, side stand, removable sink and so on. The camp Kitchen measures 74.5 x 64 x 20 inches (W x H x D) when open and 39.5 x 7 x 20 inches when closed and weighs 24.2 pounds.
- Designed with a solid structure, with the weight of the table providing a stable station while food preparation
- Lantern holder where you can hang your light when cooking at night
- Removable sink allows for easy cleaning
- Comes with a side table design that allows cooking to be carried on your Coleman stove
- Durable, rust-resistant steel frame and can withstand stress
- The height of the table is nice and suitable for cooking
- Plastic guards protect the corners
- Easy to set up
- Self-contained case with a handle for convenient carrying
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to store
- Rust-resistant body
- Can be used to prepare food on and store the food in
- It is a bit heavy at the top and difficult to move
- The bottom steel tray is flimsy at the bottom and cannot withstand heavy load
This refers to the aspect of Dutch oven cooking where certain expertise is required because the Lodge Camp Dutch Oven Lifter is used in the handling of the lid, without getting the food dirty either by dropping ash inside or losing coals. This tool assists in moving Dutch ovens from fire to table. It is made from steel, with a high-temperature resistance, and can withstand rough usage without breaking. It sizes at 15 x 4 x 2 inches.
- The steel is designed to withstand tough usage without breaking
- ‘T’ bar design for lifting of lids and moving of Dutch ovens from fire to table
- 15-inch length with hanging loop on its end
- Easy to use and efficient when removing hot lids from Dutch oven
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Very handy in pulling hot Dutch oven away from fire
- The size may be a bit short for some users
Hygiene is one of the most important factors to take care of while cooking your food. When you are using the Dutch oven outside, you may not find a proper place to keep the lid. Removing lid from the Dutch oven and placing it on dirt potentially unhygienic. The Lodge Lid Stand is a great accessory to avoid the trouble of finding a place to properly keep your lid on. This lid stand can function effectively in two ways. One side when erected is for the Dutch oven lid; flip the stand over, and the inverted lid can be used as a griddle. The stand sizes at 9 by 2-3/4 inches.
- Versatile lid stand which comprises of heavy-steel steel with high-temperature black finish
- Convenient stand used for Dutch oven lid
- Four immanent legs which can sit amid hot coals
- Easy to fold for storage and serve dual purpose
- Easy to use, cheap and affordable
- Temperature resistant steel which does not break upon heavy usage
- Dual purpose and easy to store
- It helps you to raise Dutch oven when more airflow is needed to be controlled below the cooking surface
- Lid tends to slide off to one side
- Lid stand gets so hot quickly when used in cooking on the fire and thus, must be put in a safe place to cool off.
Guard gloves are essential safety tools that prevent or minimise any harm on your hands, due to handling the hot Dutch oven or from spillage of the boiling liquid inside the oven. These Camp Chef guard gloves are red in color, with heat resistant properties and a high built quality, making them ideal for use during cooking in a Dutch oven.
- High-quality gloves made of heat resistant materials
- Attractive, black styling and red in appearance
- One size perfectly fits for all
- Protecting your hands from hot surfaces including stoves, hot cookware, campfire cooking
- Good for deep frying systems, BBQ sauce and Dutch ovens
- They do not protect your hand entirely from heat
Weber’s chimney starter is time-saving and fast in getting red hot coals. You don’t need explosive lighter fluid, and the irritating smell that evolves from it, to get your charcoal ready. Weber’s chimney starter has made it easy for you to get your hot coals in few minutes. It requires little to no expertise to get started with and is an ideal accessory to have, especially if you are regularly taking your Dutch oven for camping ventures.
- It is made of Aluminized steel with a thermoplastic handle
- Chimney starter system lights charcoal rapidly and evenly
- Fast start ensure at the bottom of the cone thereby eliminating the need for lighter fluid
- Measures 7.5 by 7.5 by 12 inches
- It is very fast and saves time
- No lighter fluid needed
- Produces a uniform charcoal burn
- Saves cost on lighter fuel
- Heavy smoke at the initial stage of preparation
The Lodge Camp tote bag has a heavy-duty self-healing zipper, padded bag bottom, polypropylene straps and is sewn together with heavy duty thread. It is perfect for protecting your Dutch oven when you are traveling. It also ensures that the rest of your gear is well clean and keep away from the seasoning and soot of your Dutch oven. It makes for a great example of a simple and an affordable accessory which can make your handling of Dutch oven so much more convenient.
- Polypropylene straps
- Padded bag bottom
- Heavy-duty self-healing zipper
- Fits standard and low-pitched Dutch ovens up to 12 inches diameter
- Great storage
- It is not expensive
- Cost minimization, great value, and protection for a road trip
- Keeps storage boxes and the car clean
- Poor quality of the strap and seams tear easily
Do you remember the day when you patiently prepare a delicious meal hoping to eat it, with your friends, when hot, but your friends are still outside playing football? Your meal gets cold in this process thereby defeating your purposed plans. With the Stansport Tripod, your food remains warm for as long as you want it. It is a 3-leg stand used for hanging coffee pots, tea pots, Dutch ovens, etc. over the fire to keep your food warm. It has multi purpose functions as it can be used for hanging lanterns, drying clothes and many applications. The ‘S’ hook on the tripod allows for modification and adjustment of the height. Apart from the functions, the tool is also pretty affordable, making it a great value for the money.
- Solid structure with a 3-leg design for stability
- Nickel coating chain with “S” hook for easy adjustment of cooking height
- Steel construction design to withstand stress and heavy usage.
- Hanger for holding coffee pots, lantern, tea pots, Dutch ovens, water jugs and so on
- Easy to set up, safe and suitable for storage
- Light, movable and can last for a very long time
- Multipurpose functions
- Hold firmly to the ground and very stable after set up
- Height Adjustment
- Legs are not adjustable
Now we have reached the end of our article on the best accessories for a Dutch oven. On itself, a Dutch oven is one of the best cooking ware for making delicious foods inside and outside of your home. However, together with the accessories mentioned above, you get to make the most of the Dutch oven’s potential. All the accessories listed in this article of high quality and have been popular among Dutch oven users.